This one is called Kansas Troubles. This is a block that encourages accurate sewing and seam allowances.
I decided not to go with "merely" three fabrics after reading the suggestion on BB's blog to look at the quilts made with this block pattern as shown in her book "Civil War Women". And there are a couple in there that use a totally scrappy look so I thought that might make it a little more interesting. What it did was make it a little more challenging as I had to keep things in the right order as well as watching the direction of the triangles.
In case you might be interested I also took a shot of my chinese laundry of fabrics that I had lined up to choose from - these were the ones not selected:
Now I guess I better go fold all that fabric and put it away until next week. Another thing I need to do is learn to hold the camera square on to the block so my blocks will not look as though they are out of square. This one does measure a perfect 8 1/2" unfinished - altho I can't use the same adjective for all the points. Oh well. It's done.