This week I could not ignore that the block really should be made in the confederate grey. And I also tried to follow the directions as supplied which means, yes, I did make my flying geese out of three triangles. It is not quite perfect in the center and is maybe 1/16" small on one corner but that is fine for this project.
This being the first day of spring I decided to take the block on location out into my garden and see if I could find something blue to put it with. Alas, it is still early in the season but I did find a couple of small touches of blue to pose it with:
All along I have been trying to keep to the suggested color values and make the block as shown on the BB site. I'm not entirely sure that my use of the pale, medium and dark is totally successful but I was keeping with my plan to follow the directions.
I have a couple of friends who are currently in the midst of a personal challenge involving their art. Jill is the more ambitious and is painting a portrait of a new face every day for the first 100 days of the year. Cindy is making a new piece of quilt art (top only) every day for the month of March - at the end of the month she will decide which ones she thinks should be quilted and turned into a finished item. So with those two as an example I have been trying to discipline myself to get these civil war block of the week blocks done within the first day or two that they are posted. Of course when I am away from home it becomes a little more difficult to keep up but I am going to do my best.