Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 21 Underground Railroad



This block has a number of different names but for the purpose of this project Barbara Brackman has settled on Underground Railroad. It was an easy one to make while I was away from home and not having all my usual sewing/electronic equipment with me to use.

Here is the block:


I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the red paisley fabric I have used as my backdrop. It is from the Simple Abundance collection by Bonnie of Cotton Way and Camile of Thimble Blossoms for MODA.

2 comments:

Sherrye said...

I like the red paisley. This last time our costume committee offered this red paisley as one of many fabrics for a new outfit for our clogging team.

Cheryl K. said...

It's not quite in the same class as the chair fabric, but, given how large this quilt is going to be with any size sashing, probably this one has a more appropriate scale to the paisleys. But I think I like the slightly darker color of the chair fabric compared with this one. I think the blues and grays of your block fabrics are brighter against the darker red. Then again, perhaps the store lighting is also making a difference.