Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 18 Union Square



In my mad scramble to catch up here is the block for week 18:


When you are "only" making one block there is more incentive to fussy cut. And this time I had a fabric to make the fussy cutting worth while although the blue was not an easy one to match/blend.

This is a relatively simple block but I like how it looks. And in my fussy cutting I guess I have made sure that this block will have to be set on straight and not on point. In discussing the project with someone in the past few weeks we tossed around the idea to make a medallion setting where there are center blocks set on point surrounded by the balance of the blocks set straight. Just another idea to work with.

2 comments:

Cheryl K. said...

I was thinking a quilt of these would be nice, where the four blocks would come together you would have a nice little four patch. Your fussy cutting does make your block a stand out!

Sherrye said...

Dorry, I love this one!! Hats off to the fussy cutting! And, Cheryl, I agree, a quilt of these blocks would look great!