Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Friday, June 17, 2016

Morris Hexathon Block 6

In a desperate attempt to get caught up on the blog posts before block 7 comes out tomorrow, the star for this past week was a block titled "South Kensington Star".

Now if you are a quilter you will know that this block has a very challenging center wherein twelve points have to come together nicely. My strategy was to use a boldly patterned fabric for each of the star points so as to disguise any mishaps.

Both of those fabrics are from a Barbara Brackman fabric collection within her Morris designs. The brown is from the Best of Morris collection. The same design appears in different colorways in the Morris Jewels collection which is also where the brighter green and brown fabric is from. And, as previously, the outer background is from the Moda Grunge collection.

In just a few hours the block for week 7 will be revealed. Will this be the week I have to resort to english paper piecing?

Stay tuned because I need to get block 8 done smartly so I can go on vacation on Tuesday (and take my sewing machine in for service on Monday so it can be worked on while I'm away and not needing it).

No comments: