Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Friday, June 17, 2016

Morris Hexathon Block 5

There has been a delay in getting my blog posts up but here I am with week 5 in the  Morris Hexathon, a block titled "Upton".
This was a relatively easy block to piece - altho I freely admit I attached the central hexagon at the end using hand applique. The block was done all in a hurry before I went out the door to day two of our quilt guild show. The center hexagon used a fabric I had found the day before but really what I hoped to find was a piece that had an image of an older English house to go with the story for the week. William Morris built his "Red House" from red brick, an unfashionable building material at the time and gave it a distinctive "half hip" roof line. The house was located very nearby the town of Upton.

We were also provided with an alternate way to put this block together; the suggestion was that we might want to use it in an upcoming week when we deem that weeks block too difficult to do.

Forewarned is forearmed.


No comments: