Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 14 Fox and Geese

I keep feeling envious of all the pretty blocks I see others making for their Civil War block of the week block. But I need to keep with my plan. Some of the blocks are such that one block alone is not all that exciting but if you had several sewn together they would make much more of an impact. Today's block is one that comes into this category I'm thinking.

So, for better or worse, here is my block for this week:


In another few weeks it will be a good idea to take a group shot of how all the blocks look together.

This week I was able to get my block sewn on Saturday, the day it was posted. I spent the afternoon sewing with my quilt friends - although there was more chatting than sewing done. Gayle had been to a two day class with Karen Stone last week so she had much to tell us. I was particularly interested as my long term project is a Pine Burr quilt that uses the templates from the KS book. Dustin, who is the host of the Flickr group for the BB block of the week project, is also making a Pine Burr quilt so it is fun to now and then look at his flickr pages and see the progress he is making. I am mightily relieved to see that he is making the same rapid (not!) progress as I am.

Spending time with quilting friends is a grand tonic. Even when we don't get much actually sewn.

This is weird. For my homework tonight I am going to need to try and figure out why my photo appears smaller this week than usual. Your thoughts will be welcome.

1 comment:

Cheryl K. said...

I just sent you an email with Too Much Information about where the display goes wrong, but no good answers as to WHY! But your blocks are lovely, and your quilt will be gorgeous, especially if you can find a nice red paisley for your sashing and/or border. I'm not sure that option will work as well for my blocks, much as I'd love it to!