Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 33 Indianna Puzzle

I think I was trying too hard on this block. Too much fussy cutting. But, it is done. It seemed to me that this was essentially a Southern block (after all it said that on the label line at the end of the posting) and so I should use grey. But I needed to have Lincoln get in there (since I did have the fabric!) and I let just a little blue creep in as well. Another block where my color scheme meant I had extra work to make the block work as I could not get that copper penny effect with grey and blue.

Technique wise I think it would have been done sooner if I had just gone ahead and hand appliqued but oh, no, I had to say it would be quicker to machine piece it. And that is why it is Wednesday before I am posting this.

Guess I am going to have to back up and do week 32 huh?

5 comments:

Sherrye said...

Lincoln head pennies.........I like it!! Fussy cutting a good idea.

Cheryl K. said...

Well, Jo said that she wasn't doing the Lily: you can skip it if that works for you. I decided it contributes to the variety, even if I don't care for it. Meanwhile, this looks pretty with the fussy cutting!!

Rhonda said...

I think it looks really good! and you are only 1 week behind, hardly behind at all! Wonder when I will ever get caught up. I got more of my royal blue fabric in Amsterdam on Fri. though!

Dorry said...

Oh Rhonda,thanks for the confidence. But if you look closer you'll see I am currently missing week 27, week 32 and yesterdays 34. I'm happy to hear you got more of your needed royal blue fabric. I too got more of my needed background fabric in the mail this week; it is a different dyelot but it will work out.

Dorry said...

Oops, having just sewn one of the missing blocks I see it was week 28 and not 27 as I say above.