Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 24 Ladies Aid Album


Here I am with this week's block. I had to ponder this one for a little while since red is not really in my fabric selections for this project and the block is meant to show an early "red cross". In the end I decided to go with the blue colorway as this is a union block and choose floral fabrics in honor of the ladies who provided all that aid.

My supply of the pale grey fabric that I have used in every block so far is getting close to being used up. Unless I can find a new source for it (it has been discontinued from the Jinny Beyer palette in that colorway) I will need to switch to another similar fabric.

I am still expecting an applique block - surely that seven sisters star applique way back in week 3 will not be the only one. And I better do some more serious thinking about how I am going to set these so I can be on the lookout for a sashing fabric.

Another couple of weeks and we will be halfway on this project.

2 comments:

Cheryl K. said...

A beauty with the floral in the center - not a Red Cross but then, it's not the Red Cross block, is it?

Sherrye said...

Very pretty. Cheryl thought hers was plain, too, but I like them both!