Sharing fabric cuttings with my worldwide friends

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Where Poppies Grow in June

Oh dear, I guess June got away from me in respect of posting this block. Oops.


For this month the name given to the star block is "My Country".

I'm not sure that there is enough contrast with those small triangles at the end of the horizontals and verticals but it's done. And in the spirit of getting this posted I don't have a fun photo of the block posed. Sorry about that.

June was significant in Grandpop's war service because on June 17 1918 his active service ended with his being detached to the United Kingdom.


1 comment:

Cheryl K. said...

I think the visual blending of your green triangles with the bars making the square-on-point gives the block even stronger lines and keeps the focus on your center flower.