For whatever reason this block gave me some "issues". But it is done now and ready for viewing.
Both choices are equally stark.
Ms Brackman's blog suggests making the star points have a strong contrast to represent the two choices. However, I decided to make them both in grey as they were similarly difficult decisions. And I continue on with my idea of not re-using any fabrics other than the pink on white toile. Yes, I did have to augment my fabric collection just a little so I hope the final block does not require too many different fabrics or I will be faced with some difficult choices myself - albeit my choice problem will be minimal compared to Sarah Morgan's.
One more block to go. I have made a little start on the sashing/setting for my top but a goodly amount remains to be done before I will be able to call this project finished.